Social media: Get in touch with Fire Emblem Wiki on ! Or, to join our Skype chat, contact any active admin and ask to be added.
NOTICE: If you borrow any content from Fire Emblem Wiki and reuse it elsewhere, you must credit us as the original source, under the terms of our licence. If you do not do so, we may ask you to remove the relevant content.
Fire Emblem Wiki:Ostia Square
This will be a Community Page... We need to pretty it up.
- 1 Archive
- 2 Move Requests
- 3 Delete Requests
- 4 Rename Requests
- 5 Lock Requests
- 6 Promotion stat gains
- 7 Other Requests
I have archived the old community page to Fire_Emblem_Wiki:Ostia_Square/Archive 1 to make this a bit more pretty. The archive has a bunch of old details that do not apply anymore.
Fates Skills and Classes (2/29/16)
Some pages still contain the old names for skills and classes. Is there an admin who could batch rename all the links, pages, etc. to their new names. We could make a list below to be easier. -- Izagar (My Talk Page) (My Contributions) 17:49, 29 February 2016 (UTC)
- List would be helpful, since I can't have the game yet. --Moydow (Support) 12:08, 1 March 2016 (UTC)
Redirect overwrite problem
So my hand slipped onto the enter key while I was trying to move Expert Yumi to Spy's Yumi and my attempts to stop the request from sending and correct this seems to have done something weird, and now it's stuck at "Spy Yumi" and there's a redirect page in the way at Spy's Yumi. This is pretty embarrassing, but could somebody with the rights get rid of the Spy's Yumi redirect? --PA (talk) 00:48, 7 March 2016 (UTC)
Can Latona be moved to Latona (staff)/ or can the current Latona (staff) page be deleted?
For some reason Latona (staff) redirects to Latona. I was planning on making a Latona (character) page but I'd wanted to make a proper disambig page first. (which I need Latona (staff) for, as it will be the new page about the... uh... staff, and Latona could redirect to the disambig) L95 (talk) 18:44, 20 April 2016 (UTC)
- Couldn't you just add a hatnote to the current Latona page linking to the character? Most people will probably be looking for the staff. The same for Grado, too. PikaSamus (talk) 23:37, 20 April 2016 (UTC)
- I guess so, though I'd personally still like to have the staff at Latona (staff) and have Latona redirect to it but that's more my little irks, haha. L95 (talk) 03:43, 30 April 2016 (UTC)
Ostia Square/Archive (2/29/16)
Promotion stat gains
Since Luck is a stat that changes upon promoting in Fates, I tried to fiddle with Template:PromotionGains to try to integrate the stat. Then I used Sakura's promotion gains as a test and it didn't show up right. I have since returned the template to the way it originally was. Any help on this? ChaosGallade (talk) 17:41, 5 March 2016 (UTC)
Leo readying a magic attack.
I was thinking we could start to add an ancient script page and translate the runes found in the Record Hall as well those seen in magic attacks. It may be useful information? -- Izagar (My Talk Page) (My Contributions) 22:41, 15 March 2016 (UTC)
- Someone translated one of the stories from the Records Hall now. Source: http://blumenkraanze.tumblr.com/post/141051396821/i-figured-out-the-ancient-texts-in-fire-emblem
- “A dragon neither white nor black,
- saw his future self,
- as no more than a caged beast;
- A dragon neither white nor black,
- sang three songs of prophecy,
- so someday his soul might be released.”
Vallian Generic Portraits
I have the full portrait dump... and I forgot where I downloaded it from, so I went ahead and uploaded all the Vallite generics to this imgur album. There's 43 something portraits there, and I think I got all of them.L95 (talk) 03:45, 17 March 2016 (UTC)
Willie on Wheels
Thracia 776 Name Query
In trying to weed out the wanted pages, I've ran into some names I'd like to reconcile differences on. They are as follows:
- List or Rist?
- Mua or Moore?
- Gustaf or Gustav?
- Merlock or Marlock?
- Linecock, Reincok, or Reinkoch?
- Baldack or Baldoch?
- Nicalaf or Nicolov?
- Robos or Lobos?
- Dobalzark or Dvorak?
Ordinarily I'd cross-reference the name chart, reconcile to the NoJ romanization if there is one or to the fan translation name otherwise; however, most of Thracia 776's bosses are conspicuously missing from the name chart...--Shiningpikablu252 (talk) 23:43, 6 August 2016 (UTC)
- According to bookofholsety's name chart, the current fan translation uses List, Mua, Gustaf, Merlok, Rinecock, Baldak, Nicalaf, Robos, and Tobolzak. PikaSamus (talk) 00:01, 7 August 2016 (UTC)
Help with Template:ChapShop NES01
I tried making a chapter shop template for FE1. I removed the icon column because FE1 doesn't have any, but now it's stuck on the left (see the Marth Embarks page). Can someone with more knowledge on templates make it so it's stretched out to be the same width as the other ones? PikaSamus (talk) 16:26, 7 September 2016 (UTC)
- I figure, does it matter so much if we leave the item icons in? I see where you're coming from in choosing to omit them, but just about everyone who comes here for FE1 data has played that fan translation and we already lean heavily on them in general for a fair bit of this place's data, and IMO that's enough of a reason to just leave the icons here. That's basically what FE1 is to English fans, and official or not, that at least lends the patch and its icon contents some sort of status and credibility that makes it worth leaving them in here. --PA (talk) 18:30, 7 September 2016 (UTC)
- I believe that we should prioritize the Japanese versions above fan translations, with the fan translations and other unofficial material being trivia material at best, if not omitted. While fan translations are important to many Fire Emblem players, I feel that since they're not official, they shouldn't be here. Looking at all of the project and help pages, there's no policy on this. PikaSamus (talk) 23:36, 7 September 2016 (UTC)
- Your standpoint does make sense, don't get me wrong. It's definitely logically consistent, but at the same time its strictness strikes me as impractical. I know that we're only talking about weapon icons here and it isn't like their loss would be a great one, and I know I'm about to get into an extreme example myself, but divesting ourselves of fan translation content in general is a risky business in that there's really no viable alternative when it comes to script citations for those games. I figure it's easier, both on us and on the readers, to just accept their content.
- I'm not saying we should uncritically take them at their word all the time, or that we should move every JP-only character page to match what fan translations call them (though I do feel that'd be better than having pages called "Raian" or "Qulyf", since nobody has ever called those two by those names), and if there's content missing from them then we certainly shouldn't take that as a gospel assertion that the content absolutely never existed (or in the case of the icons, that the content absolutely always existed). But all things considered, their unofficial nature doesn't outweigh their importance and how much we depend on their script work on a day-to-day basis, and if we can establish a suitable disclaimer on such pages (say, an icon in the top-right like what we put on featured pages) to clarify that fan translation content is present then I believe it'd be to our advantage to just accept them as substitutes for official localizations. As far as precedent goes I'd look to WikiBound and its handling of Mother 3 content, which just uses its fan translation straight-up, as an example of it being viable. Even if they aren't us, and even if Mother 3's fan translation is absolutely not a normal case, I figure if another NIWA wiki is doing it then that's something at least.
- To answer the question of FE1 icons, I personally would have left them in, since there's only the one FE1 patch at the moment, and that's what 99.9%+ of our viewers who've played that game will have used.
- I think this might be as good a time as any to actually discuss how we want to handle the Japan-only games and fan translations, though. Perhaps we should start a new section here for it? I think to a certain extent, we ought to cater to the content people will be most familiar with, since that's what people will type into Google and whatnot (which is therefore better for our search rankings and hits and so on), but of course there are all sorts of nuances therein, like which patch we should prioritise (though I think this is really only a question for FE4), and if there are some parts we shouldn't use (like with the current FE5 patch, and even some official content like that old Nintendo Power article that gave us Zigludo and the Descent of Jihad). That said, I do get the reasons why one would feel we should stick only to official content.