Fire Emblem Wiki:Editor-in-Chief/Election 2
Please post here if you would like to nominate someone. If you are posted, but wish to remove yourself from the list, please use
StrikeThrough, rather than remove your name.
- Nominations are currently open.
- The voting and comment period will be open at 00:00 UTC on the 1st of February, 2021, and will conclude at the same time 7 days later.
- This will still happen if only one person is nominated.
- Discussions go on the talk page
Nominate people by placing there user-name here. If you wish to second a nomination, place "#* seconded" under the nomination of the same person. Please sign it when done.
- PikaSamus - Tacopill (talk) 19:01, 28 January 2021 (UTC)
- seconded PikaSamus (talk) 19:11, 28 January 2021 (UTC)
- seconded Thecornerman (talk) 22:18, 28 January 2021 (UTC)
- seconded Xamad (talk) 22:28, 28 January 2021 (UTC)
- seconded Dudhhr (talk) 22:57, 28 January 2021 (UTC)
- seconded Fastesthe1 (talk) 23:21, 28 January 2021 (UTC)
- seconded Kristak (talk) 23:49, 28 January 2021 (UTC)
- seconded Alex95 (talk) 17:11, 29 January 2021 (UTC)
- L95 - Shiningpikablu252 (talk) 02:16, 29 January 2021 (UTC)
Hello. I'm PikaSamus, and I've been an editor here for a little over six years. Here are some of the qualifications that I have:
- I have been a sysop for three years, and I have recently become a bureaucrat, one of the highest ranked user groups.
- I am the current official representative of the site to the NIWA.
- I have been placed in charge of the new Discord server by tacopill.
I've made many contributions to this site over the past six years, and am one of the most active users. I also believe that I am of sound judgment and that I would be able to handle such a position. PikaSamus (talk) 00:45, 1 February 2021 (UTC)
- Support. PikaSamus is very active and professional in his conduct of matters such as naming policies, writing style, and the like. While I also believe L95 also has these traits and could also serve well as EiC, I'd have to give PikaSamus the edge for simply being more active overall. Xamad (talk) 01:07, 1 February 2021 (UTC)
- Support. While both PikaSamus and L95 would fit the role, I feel it would be better to have an Editor-in-Chief more in communication with greater NIWA. Thecornerman (talk) 01:25, 1 February 2021 (UTC)
- Support. I agree with everyone above in that both PikaSamus and L95 would do well in the role. However PikaSamus has proven to be more active and vocal in wiki affairs, so I think he would be a better fit overall. Fastesthe1 (talk) 08:12, 1 February 2021 (UTC)
- Support. Mirroring the above, Pikasamus is both qualified and more outgoing/active. L95 (talk) 17:33, 1 February 2021 (UTC)
- Support I have known PikaSamus as long as I have worked on this site and I have come to know him as an active leader in the community who guides fellow contributors, maintains the quality of content, and supports collaboration among users. Anferensis (talk) 06:17, 5 February 2021 (UTC)
- Support - Per all. Alex95 (talk) 22:52, 6 February 2021 (UTC)
- Oppose. PikaSamus is a bit too intimidating and too likely to hold personal grudges; the former point combined with too much power could result in a toxic community. Better stop this comment here or things could get really ugly...--Shiningpikablu252 (talk) 02:07, 1 February 2021 (UTC)
Shiningpikablu252, I'd like to see examples that support your claims of my being intimidating and likely to hold a personal grudge, because I don't know what you mean, aside from perhaps some edit summaries where I expressed frustration at Heroes weapon colors being assigned for weapon types where the color is not part of the weapon itself (bows, daggers, breaths, beast weapons). PikaSamus (talk) 04:55, 1 February 2021 (UTC)
I'm L95 and have been here since 2015 or so.
- Like Pikasamus, I've been here for about five-six years and have been a sysop since 2018.
- I have much less direct interaction with NIWA/outside of FEWiki and honestly spend most of my time smacking bots with a broom.
I could likely work in the position if absolutely needed, but Pikasamus already does a fair bit of NIWA interactions and collaborations so I've never focused myself on it much. L95 (talk) 01:03, 1 February 2021 (UTC)
- Support. A trustworthy individual, exhibits an air of neutrality that I believe is perfect for the position. --Shiningpikablu252 (talk) 02:07, 1 February 2021 (UTC)