Social media: Get in touch with Fire Emblem Wiki on ! Or, to join our Skype chat, contact any active admin and ask to be added.
NOTICE: If you borrow any content from Fire Emblem Wiki and reuse it elsewhere, you must credit us as the original source, under the terms of our licence. If you do not do so, we may ask you to remove the relevant content.
Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia
This article contains information about an as-of-yet unreleased game. Because of this, the information may be speculative, and may change drastically as new information becomes revealed. Please refrain from adding rumors or other unconfirmed information.
Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia (Japanese: ファイアーエムブレム Echoes もうひとりの英雄王 Fire Emblem Echoes: Another Hero-King) is an upcoming turn-based strategy role-playing game for the Nintendo 3DS system. It is a remake of the NES title Fire Emblem Gaiden, the second game in the Fire Emblem series.
Though it presumably recounts the story of Fire Emblem Gaiden, few substantial details about the game's plot have been confirmed yet. So far it has been confirmed that, like the original, it is set in Valentia in the centuries after the clash between the sibling gods, Mila and Duma. After swearing to go their separate ways, the gods created their own kingdoms: Duma's harsh and militaristic nation of Rigel in the north, and Mila's hedonistic kingdom of Zofia in the south. The game follows Alm and Celica, a pair of childhood friends, as they conduct separate campaigns during a time of crisis in Valentia.
Although the game's engine appears to be based off of those of Fire Emblem Awakening and Fates, Shadows of Valentia is set to be a departure from the gameplay of both games as official materials emphasize that many of the elements that made Gaiden a unique title will be returning. Specifically mentioned are: free-roaming world map, dungeons, and flexible character progression. Pre-release screenshots have also indicated that the magic stat is completely absent, like the original game.
A new character named Efi, a villager, was shown in Alm's party. This may be evidence that the avatar mechanic is included, like every game from New Mystery of the Emblem onward. This unit can also be seen in one of the first maps, this time as a mage. At the very least, this means new characters are being introduced for this remake.
Presumably the majority of Gaiden's cast from the original game will appear. There is also at least one new character, shown in the trailer with the name (Japanese: エフィ Efi), introduced into the game and was not present in the original.
Echoes: Shadows of Valentia was revealed in the Fire Emblem Direct alongside Fire Emblem Heroes on the 18th of January 2017 at 2PM PT/5PM ET. During the direct gameplay footage, animated cutscenes, and character artwork of Alm and Celica were shown.
In Japan, at least, Echoes: Shadows of Valentia will also be available in two special editions: the more basic Limited Edition contains the game, a soundtrack CD, a download code for early downloadable content, and a TCG Fire Emblem 0 (Cipher) card featuring Alm. The Valentia Complete edition includes all of the Limited Edition's contents, as well as another Cipher card featuring Celica, a copy of the Valentia Artbook, a collection of concept art from the game, and a Blu-Ray copy of the Fire Emblem HD Movie Collection, featuring high-definition cutscenes from Echoes: Shadows of Valentia itself, Radiant Dawn, Awakening, and Fates.
Echoes: Shadows of Valentia will be the first title in the Fire Emblem series to be localized for Chinese markets, featuring both Traditional and Simplified Chinese versions of the script. The announcement of the Chinese version, released on February 12th 2017, also confirmed that the spinoff Fire Emblem Warriors would receive Chinese localizations. This follows the introduction of the Fire Emblem series to the South Korean market with Fates.
- Echoes: Shadows of Valentia is currently scheduled to have the shortest wait between Japanese and international release of a mainline Fire Emblem series title yet, with English-speaking fans having to wait a mere 29 days after the Japanese release. The most quickly localized game previously was Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon, whose first international version to be released, the PAL localization, was released five months after the Japanese version.
Etymology and other languages
|Names, etymology and in other regions|
|Language||Name||Definition, etymology and notes|
|English||Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia||Valentia is the name of the continent the game is set on. An echo is a repeated sound, possibly referring to its remake status.|
|Japanese||ファイアーエムブレム Echoes もうひとりの英雄王|| Fire Emblem Echoes: Another Hero-King |
The term "Hero King" is used to refer to Marth in Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem: Heroes of Light and Shadow and Fire Emblem Awakening, the significance of this is currently unknown, but appears to be drawing parallels between Alm and Marth.
|Spanish||Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia||--|
|French||Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia||--|
|German||Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia||--|
|Italian||Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia||--|
|Traditional Chinese||Fire Emblem Echoes 另一位英雄王||Fire Emblem Echoes: Another Hero-King|
- "In 1992, the second game in the Fire Emblem series, Fire Emblem Gaiden, launched exclusively in Japan. Now, for the first time, fans outside of Japan will get a taste of this classic game on the Nintendo 3DS family of systems. Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia is inspired by the 1992 original, reimagined on a grander scale." — Nintendo, Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia, nintendo.com(webpage), Published: January 18th 2017, Retrieved: January 19th 2017
- "Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia recreates classic Fire Emblem gameplay with a modern twist, mixing in exploration of dungeons crawling with enemies." — Nintendo, Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia, nintendo.com(webpage), Published: January 18th 2017, Retrieved: January 19th 2017
- "Every aspect of the Fire Emblem Gaiden game's presentation has been updated, along with the game being fully voiced." — Nintendo, Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia, nintendo.com(webpage), Published: January 18th 2017, Retrieved: January 19th 2017
- VincentASM, Fire Emblem Echoes Trailer Info + Analysis, Serenes Forest, Published: 2017-1-18, Retrieved: 2017-2-13
- VincentASM, Fire Emblem Echoes and Warriors Receiving Official Chinese Translations, Serenes Forest, Published: 2017-02-13
- Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia for Nintendo 3DS - Nintendo Game Details official US English website
- Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia|Nintendo 3DS|Games|Nintendo official UK English website
- Fire Emblem Echoes: Another Hero-King official Japanese website
|Fire Emblem series|
|Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia|