|Warning: This wiki contains spoilers. Read at your own risk!|
Discord: If you would like, please join our Discord server!
Coverage update: Vestaria Saga I: War of the Scions is now to be included in our coverage, located within the
Father & Liege
It has been requested that image(s) be placed in this page or section. Please submit images to help improve this page and talk on this page's talk page about what images are needed. Remove this when this has been fixed.
|“||Hmm... So THIS is the world that has been kept a secret from me? Pretty dull if you ask me. Maybe if I can find this Hoshido place, then it'll all make sense. From what I overheard back home, my dad is a bigger deal here than I thought. What's he called again? Big Cheese of Hoshido? Which would make me... I dunno. Little Cheese? I must be some kind of royalty though. I always knew Dad was a major deal. But, royalty?! I still can't believe it.||”|
Father & Liege (Japanese: 父の背を追って Chasing After Father's Back) is the seventh paralogue chapter of Fire Emblem Fates. As a paralogue chapter, its events are not integral to the game's main storyline and can be done at the player's leisure. The chapter is unlocked after either chapter 13 in Birthright or chapter 17 in Revelation is cleared, and Ryoma is married.
- Main article: Father & Liege/Script
The Hoshidan princes Ryoma and Takumi discover that Ryoma's son Shiro has gone missing from his Deeprealm. The two incredibly worried brothers immediately form a search party to locate him. Meanwhile, Shiro arrives in Ryoma's world. He resolves to seek out Hoshido and find out if his father truly is the crown prince. However, he is accosted by bandits led by Tarba, who demand his weapons and armor or his life. Shiro prepares to fight them just as Ryoma and Takumi arrive to rescue him.
When Ryoma reaches Shiro, he demands that Shiro flee and leave the bandits to him. However, Shiro remains confident that he can take them on, although he agrees to follow his commands. After a fierce battle, Ryoma rebukes Shiro, stating that he has not been maturing into the role of a prince of Hoshido. However, Shiro calls Ryoma out for his failure to spend time with him and be his father and points out that if he had simply been honest with him, he would have taken himself more seriously. He admits to being shaken by the battle, and Ryoma explains that the power they wield comes with great responsibility. Realizing Shiro cannot continue his development in the Deeprealms, Ryoma allows Shiro to leave and travel with their group.
Ryoma's son, Shiro, disappears from his Deeprealm, having doubts about his bloodline. After Ryoma receives word, he takes a group out in search of Shiro.
|Victory: Rout the enemy||Player||Other||Enemy|
|Defeat: Corrin dies* or the player's army is routed*||12+1||1-1||33|
The chapter's map is 25 columns by 20 rows.
Note: The returning characters list only those recruited by the time this chapter can first be unlocked (after completing chapter 8 in Birthright or after completing chapter 17 in Revelation). In Birthright, Felicia is only a returning character if Corrin is male, while Jakob is only a returning character if Corrin is female; in Revelation, both Felicia and Jakob are available regardless of Corrin's gender. As a paralogue chapter, there is no set timeframe in which the chapter must be taken on; thus, it is possible to have recruited more characters than the above by the point the chapter is started.
Event tile data
There are no event tiles during the events of the chapter. When returning to the area for skirmishes, the following event tiles appear:
- Column 4, row 7: Three squares east, six squares south of the northwestern corner of the map
- Column 18, row 15: Adjacent to the southwest corner of a group of rubble tiles
Dragon Vein data
Dragon Veins in this chapter are stated to have the effect "Turn desert spaces into plains." They are located as follows:
- Column 6, row 18: Adjacent to Ryoma's initial deployment position in preparations
- Column 8, row 19: Two squares east of the deployment position southeast of Ryoma's initial position
- Column 16, row 18: A Fighter is on this tile initially
- Column 22, row 16: An Archer is on this tile initially
- Column 22, row 8: Adjacent to an Outlaw
- Column 16, row 4: Adjacent to the northwest corner of a group of rubble tiles
- Column 11, row 7: Adjacent to a Ninja
- Column 5, row 6: Adjacent to an Oni Savage
- Column 7, row 12: One square north, one square west of an Archer
- Column 11, row 13: A Ninja is on this tile initially
- Column 15, row 11: One square south, one square east of Shiro's initial position
Level scaling data
This chapter's enemy and NPC units are subject to level scaling mechanisms that increase their levels as the player makes progress along the main story path. The tables below show the differences between the initial levels of the units and the levels of the units at each particular main story path chapter position. Initial unpromoted units who reach an effective level of 21 will become promoted units of level (effective level -20) unless otherwise stated.
|Levels from previous chapter||0||+1||+2||+1||+2||+2||+2||+2||+2||+2||+2||+2||+2||+2|
|Total levels gained||0||+1||+3||+4||+6||+8||+10||+12||+14||+16||+18||+20||+22||+24|
- Additional notes: Shiro stops visibly scaling upon hitting level 20 unpromoted at the chapter 18 position; from the chapter 19 position onward, Shiro will have an Offspring Seal in his inventory. Initial unpromoted enemy units become promoted at the chapter 19 position. Tarba reaches level 20 at the chapter 22 position and stops scaling from this point.
When enemies become promoted, they become the following classes:
- Mercenary → Hero
- Outlaw → Adventurer
- Dark Mage → Sorcerer
- Ninja → Master Ninja
- Diviner → Onmyoji
- Archer → Sniper
- Fighter → Berserker
- Oni Savage → Oni Chieftain
Stats with two figures separated by a ~ are presented as a range. The figures to the left of the ~ are taken from a chapter 14 playthrough, the earliest possible point where this chapter may be undertaken in the Birthright campaign; the figures to the right of the ~ are taken from a chapter 27 playthrough, the latest possible point a save file may be positioned at.
- Main article: Tarba
- Stats with two figures separated by a ~ are presented as a range. The figures to the left of the ~ are taken from a chapter 14 playthrough, the earliest possible point where this chapter may be undertaken in the Birthright campaign; the figures to the right of the ~ are taken from a chapter 27 playthrough, the latest possible point a save file may be positioned at.
When playing this chapter late in the game, be sure to bring a Rescue rod. If you don't, Shiro will likely die quickly.
Etymology and other languages
|Names, etymology and in other regions|
|Language||Name||Definition, etymology and notes|
Father & Liege
Chasing After Father's Back
|← Herbal Remedy •||Father & Liege||• A Great Hunt →|