End: Lost in the Waves
|“||I'll begin the song now. I ask that you all watch over me until the end.||”|
End: Lost in the Waves (Japanese: 終 ：果てぬ黎明 End: Unfinished Dawn) is the sixth and final part of the six-part downloadable content Heirs of Fate saga of Fire Emblem Fates. It does not officially bear a chapter number in relation to DLC chapters as a whole; if all DLC chapters are purchased and its list is viewed at the Dragon's Gate, End: Lost in the Waves is the twentieth one from the top in the North American version of the game. End: Lost in the Waves is part of the third series of Japanese DLC releases and the second series of international DLC releases.
This chapter was first made available on March 23, 2016 in Japan, June 9, 2016 in North America, and July 28-29 in the PAL regions.
In this chapter, the entire cast of Fates's children characters come together to fight their ultimate foe, Anankos, with the hopes of saving their Deeprealms, parents, and others who died in their stead. Obstacles the children have to overcome include soldiers based from the fixed parents of nineteen of the children.
- Main article: End: Lost in the Waves/Script
The party refuses to accept Shigure's sacrifice, and Ophelia and Soleil reveal that their fathers gave them two similar teleportation stones that can theoretically bring them back to Anankos. The party is initially skeptical of the plan, but Lilith appears and offers to power up the stones.
Shigure confronts Anankos and refuses his offer to find a realm that they can rule together. As he prepares to sing the deadly song, the party arrives and reaffirms their loyalty to Shigure. The Kanas then combine their power, turning their Yatos into their Omega forms. The group then challenges Anankos.
If the player defeats Anankos without friendly casualties, then the group celebrates their victory. Anankos, restored to sanity before death, thanks Ophelia and Soleil for keeping their fathers' promise to him and reconciles with Lilith before departing. If the player has lost at least one ally unit, then the group mourns the fallen. Either way, Shigure honors his mother's last wish and discards his pendant.
The next generation assaults their ultimate foe. The Heirs of Fate finale.
North American eShop summary
The next generation assaults their ultimate foe. The Heirs of Fate finale.
Rewards: Point Blank
|Victory: Defeat Anankos's soul||Player||Enemy|
|Defeat: Male Kana, female Kana, or Shigure dies||22||25+6+∞|
|Difficulty rating: ★★★
19 columns by 27 rows
North America: 357
PAL region: ??
Map phase music: Lost in the Waves
Battle phase music: Lost in the Waves
United States: $1.99
United Kingdom: £1.79
New Zealand: $3.40
|Also available in: Series 3 (Japan)|
Map Pack 2 (international) Pack
United States: $7.99
United Kingdom: £7.19
New Zealand: $13.60
This chapter's map is 19 columns by 27 rows.
In this chapter, the player controls characters separate from their normal game progress. As such, these setups are used only in this chapter and do not affect gameplay in any other instance. The first tab cluster below primarily indicates the Hoshidan characters, while the second tab cluster below primarily indicates the Nohrian charaters. Shigure, who wasn't playable in any of the first four Heirs of Fate chapters, has been grouped with the Hoshidans for simplicity of organization.
If a unit was promoted using a Master Seal during the previous chapter, they will receive an additional item as well as the level 15 skill of their promoted class. They will also be in the chosen class instead of their default.
Shigure Kana♀ Shiro Kiragi Selkie Midori Caeldori Rhajat Hisame Asugi Mitama
Kana♂ Siegbert Forrest Velouria Ignatius Sophie Percy Soleil Ophelia Nina Dwyer
This item is obtained as a reward to be used in the player's actual game progress:
No enemies drop items for use specifically in this chapter.
Event tile data
There are no event tiles in this chapter.
Dragon Vein data
No Dragon Veins are initially present in this chapter; two veins appear after both of Anankos's claws have been defeated, and are stated to have the effect "Grants power to the Kanas and Shigure". Each opens a path to Anankos, and when both are activated, the area in front of Anankos will become Dragon Vein terrain. These veins are located as follows:
- Column 4, row 21: Three squares west of the square with its nearest effect
- Column 16, row 21: Three squares east of the square with its nearest effect
- Note: Non-generic enemies in this stage apart from Anankos are named in their profiles as if they were generic Vallites, but their real names appear in their death quotes, as well as certain other dialogue when fighting a blood relative (mostly their fixed children and, if applicable, their brother's fixed children). The link reading "Vallite" in these characters' listings will lead to that character's article.
- Starting turn 3, up to two reinforcements will appear each turn from the following set:
- Wyvern Lords from the center of the southern border of the map
- Snipers from the west side of the southern border of the map
- Bow Knights from the east side of the southern border of the map
- Pairs of Oni Chieftains and Basaras from the west side of the southern border of the map
- Pairs of Generals and Heroes from the east side of the southern border of the map
- Malig Knights from the east side of the southern border of the map
- Falcon Knights from the west of the southern border of the map
- After defeating both of Anankos's claws, his head will appear in the center of the map; it will not initiate combat on the turn it appears. Additionally, the following reinforcements will appear:
- Additionally, the following reinforcements will begin appearing alongside the first set:
- After defeating Anankos's head, his soul will appear in its place; it will not initiate combat on the turn it appears. Additionally, the following reinforcements will begin appearing alongside the previous two sets:
- Main article: Anankos
You are forced to split your units into three groups. Shigure and the Kanas are cut off from your army in the center of the map. With Shigure as the team medic, they should have no trouble dealing with the paltry force of 5 that stands between them and Anankos' head. In order to maximize the effects of your C-supports and balance out your teams against the foes you face, send Shiro, Asugi, Siegbert, Soleil, Sophie, Caeldori, Midori, Ignatius, and Dwyer up the right side and Kiragi, Hisame, Forrest, Nina, Ophelia, Percy, Rhajat, Selkie, Velouria, and Mitama up the left side. Start pushing upwards, making your way to Anankos' hands. Use Shiro, Siegbert, Percy, Velouria, and Ignatius as your main tanks. The first big problem is Benny, who makes good use of his massive bulk and Wary Fighter to prove difficult to take down. Asugi's Flame Shuriken and Soleil's Armorslayer are your friends. Kaden is very evasive, but Kiragi with Velouria as his Pair-Up partner is having none of it. The enemy reinforcements will start spawning at the beginning of Turn 4. Don't be there when it happens.
Once you've cleared the path to Anankos' hands, leave Ignatius, Caeldori, Midori, Sophie, Selkie, Velouria, Percy, and Rhajat as your rearguard. Keep the rearguard away from the bottom of the map, because that's where the remaining fathers will spawn when the hands go down. Send the royal siblings, their retainers, and your main medics Dwyer and Mitama to take out the hands. The Kanas should start heading to the north end of their segment, while Shigure flits about and heals anyone who needs it. For t