From Fire Emblem Wiki, your source on Fire Emblem Wiki information. By Fans, for Fans.
Castle Valla: Basement
Days Lost (Japanese: 在りし日の面影 Memories of a Face from Bygone Days) is the twenty-fourth chapter of the Revelation path in Fire Emblem Fates. In this chapter, Corrin encounters their mother again as they enter into Castle Gyges.
- The below plot corresponds to the use of a female Corrin. If you refresh this page, it is possible to get an alternate reading using a male variation instead.
After defeating Arete, Corrin pushes forward into Castle Valla. There, she falls into a trap and encounters Mikoto, who claims to retain her free will as a puppet of Anankos. Corrin tries to attack Mikoto, refusing to believe in Anankos' trickery, but stops when Mikoto does not defend herself. Corrin decides to believe Mikoto and Mikoto warns them of a trap-filled maze ahead. Shortly after telling Corrin this, Mikoto vanishes. Corrin eventually hears Azura's singing from another part of the room and finds her. She tells her about what Mikoto had told her earlier.
However, this is a ruse to get Corrin to lower her guard, and she is forced to battle and kill her. Before the battle starts, Mikoto tells Corrin and her party that there are a set of two doors in each room; the blue ones are safe, while the red ones damage all deployed units. If the player defies Mikoto's advice and opens a red door, Mikoto will appear disappointed, but nonetheless encourages Corrin and their party to continue. At the final set of doors, Mikoto tries to drop the party's guard by telling them that the red door is safe. If the player follows this suggestion, all units are dropped to 1 HP and Mikoto is happy that this means they will all die together. Disregarding this suggestion prompts Mikoto's surprise that Corrin saw through her ruse and Corrin explains that she was suspicious about Mikoto's manner of speech; Mikoto reasons that if Corrin and her party die, they can forever be reunited in the service of Anankos.
After Mikoto is defeated, she truly regains her free will and thanks her children, who are depressed and horrified to lose their mother again. Before her death, Mikoto reveals to Corrin that she is Vallite royalty and that Arete is her older sister, making Corrin and Azura cousins. As Mikoto passes on, Corrin swears to defeat Anankos.
| Victory: Defeat Mikoto.
| Defeat: Corrin dies* or the player's army is routed*.
This chapter's map is 23 columns by 28 rows.
Note: The returning characters list does not include any characters recruitable in paralogues, as the player may not have taken on any available paralogue chapters yet. The list also does not include any bonus units, as they are recruitable at the player's discretion.
In this chapter, reinforcements appear when a playable unit is found in one of the starting enemies' attack range, or if a red door is opened instead of a blue one. On Normal mode, whether a unit is in an enemy's range is only checked on Player Phase. On Hard and Lunatic, it is checked on Enemy Phase after the enemy moves as well, effectively meaning the player must account for double their movement ranges to avoid being spotted. If an enemy from an earlier room noticed a playable unit, reinforcements from the following room will appear on the same turn that the door to the room is opened; the same is true for reinforcements of earlier rooms if a later room's unit spots a player unit. Killing one of the starting enemies will also trigger reinforcements.
Should the player complete the chapter without being spotted, they will be given a set of items as rewards (see above).
First room Second room Third room Fourth room (left) Fourth room (right)
This section details unofficial strategies that may help with completion of the chapter. This may not work for everybody.
If going for reward
Deploy only Corrin and a thief, preferably a Master Ninja or an Adventurer. They should be paired up for the entirety of the chapter. Corrin will have 7 Mov, and the partner will have 6 Mov. (If you have more, good for you.)
- Turn 1: Hold position.
- Turn 2: Hold position.
- Turn 3: Move up one space and right one space.
- Turn 4: Move right five spaces and up two spaces.
- Turn 5: Move right three spaces.
- Turn 6: Move down three spaces and right two spaces.
- Turn 7: Move right three spaces and up three spaces. Have the thief open the blue door.
- Turn 8: Move up two spaces and right four spaces. Switch back to Corrin.
- Turn 9: Move right one space and up six spaces.
- Turn 10: Move up one space and left six spaces.
- Turn 11: Hold position.
- Turn 12: Move left three spaces and down two spaces.
- Turn 13: Move left three spaces and up one space. Have the thief open the chest with the Enfeeble staff.
- Turn 14: Move down two spaces and left one space. Switch back to Corrin.
- Turn 15: Move left four spaces and up three spaces. DO NOT open the red door.
- Turn 16: Move left three spaces. Have the thief open the blue door.
- Turn 17: Move up two spaces and right four spaces. Switch back to Corrin.
- Turn 18: Move right one space and up four spaces.
- Turn 19: Move left five spaces and up two spaces.
- Turn 20: Move up two spaces. Have the thief open the chest with the Flame Shuriken.
- Turn 21: Move left one space. Have the thief open the chest with the Surefire Yumi.
- Turn 22: Hold position. Switch back to Corrin.
- Turn 23: Move down four spaces.
- Turn 24: Move down four spaces.
- Turn 25: Move right one space and down two spaces.
- Turn 26: Hold position.
- Turn 27: Move up two spaces and right five spaces.
- Turn 28: Move right four spaces.
- Turn 29: Hold position.
- Turn 30: Move right three spaces.
- Turn 31: Move right one space.
- Turn 32: Hold position.
- Turn 33: Move right four spaces and up three spaces.
- Turn 34: Move right three spaces and down one space. Have the thief open the chest with the Lightning.
- Turn 35: Move up two spaces and left three spaces. Switch back to Corrin.
- Turn 36: Hold position.
- Turn 37: Move up one space.
- Turn 38: Move left four spaces and up three spaces. Defy Mikoto and have your thief open the blue door.
Defeat Mikoto and the promoted units guarding her to end the chapter.
If going for turn count
This section has been marked as a stub. Please help improve the page by adding information.
- This chapter is the third Fire Emblem chapter to feature a stealth mission, following Chapter 4 of Thracia 776 and Chapter 10 of Path of Radiance.
- On Normal mode, the enemies will behave like the guards in the respective Path of Radiance chapter where units do not get caught unless they start within attack range. On at least Hard, however, they can detect units within range after moving.
Etymology and other languages
|Names, etymology and in other regions
|| Definition, etymology and notes
|| Days Lost
|| "Memories of a Face from Bygone Days" or "A Trace of Bygone Days"