It has been requested that image(s) be placed in this page or section. Please submit images to help improve this page and talk on this page's talk page about what images are needed. Remove this when this has been fixed.
|“||It's time, Corrin. I'm going to sing my song without restraint. You must act while its effects are at their strongest. [...] Don't worry—and don't try to stop me. This is my destiny.||”|
Dawn Breaks (Japanese: 闇の去り行く暁 The Dawn Parts the Darkness) is the endgame of the Birthright campaign in Fire Emblem Fates. In this chapter, Garon has invoked his draconic lineage to become a dragon himself, and Corrin must end him or face death.
- Main article: Dawn Breaks/Script
- The below plot corresponds to the use of a male Corrin. If you refresh this page, it is possible to get an alternate reading using a female variation instead.
Corrin awakens in what appears to be his bedroom in the Northern Fortress, with Flora and Lilith by his side. Flora's refusal to use her ice magic, along with Jakob and Felicia's absence causes him to feel suspicious, when Elise and Xander appear by his side as well. The two urge him to rethink situation, and he remembers that was just fighting Garon in his throne room before this. Xander urges him not to join them in death, and they hear the voices of those who fought with him in the prior battle.
Corrin bids farewell to the departed souls one by one, regains the destroyed Yato, and returns to the throne room alive. Garon attempts to shatter the Yato again, only to fail. Corrin vows to end Garon's reign, and to bring peace back to both Hoshido and Nohr for good. Azura begins singing her song to weaken Garon, and Corrin's final battle begins.
Ultimately, Corrin's army is victorious, and Garon is slain once and for all. Just before dying, however, Garon reverts to his human form and tells Corrin that he saw him as his "most precious pawn", and tells that he is at peace. He reveals that, since some indeterminate moment, he changed and his old self was lost forever. After Garon fades away, Azura follows suit as a result of singing her song and overusing her powers, though not before asking Corrin to live a joyful life, and to smile one last time for her, before passing away. Corrin vows to hold her promise, and hopes that she might sing for him once again someday.
Afterwards, Corrin, Takumi, Hinoka, and Sakura attend Ryoma's coronation as the next king of Hoshido, where he pledges to maintain peace with Nohr, and to share Hoshido's abundance with them. Afterwords, they meet Leo and Camilla, who attended the coronation. Still heartbroken by the deaths of Xander and Elise, they express concern for Corrin, who is still bearing the loss as well. Additionally, the Hoshido siblings are dealing with Azura's passing as well. Leo announces that he has taken the role of King of Nohr as Camilla does not want to run the kingdom herself. With the first sign of peace, the Hoshido siblings and Corrin head to the festival in town.
In the middle of the festival, Corrin visits the lake where he first met Azura, where he has one final encounter with her spirit. The next day, Corrin meets once again with his Hoshidan siblings back in the capital as Ryoma prays to Mikoto, saying that together, the Hoshido royal family will continue to bring peace to the world.
Normal Hard Lunatic
This chapter's map is 25 columns by 30 rows.
Note: The returning characters list does not include any characters recruitable in paralogues or xenologues, as the player may not have taken on any available paralogue chapters yet. The list also does not include any bonus units, as they are recruitable at the player's discretion.
Dragon Vein data
The Dragon Veins in this chapter are stated to have the effect "Blight area to feed Garon HP each turn". Blighted area will damage both playable and enemy units for 10 HP at the end of player phase, feeding that HP to Garon. They are located as follows:
- Column 12, row 9: One square west of Garon's starting position
- Column 12, row 11: One square west of a Brave Lance General
- Column 14, row 9: One square east of Garon's starting position
- Column 14, row 11: One square east of a Brave Lance General
Normal Hard Lunatic
- Turn 5
- Turn 6
- Turn 7
- 1 Hero from the lower of the two western sigils
- 1 Wyvern Lord with a Silver Lance from the furthest southwestern sigil (Hard/Lunatic only)
- Also has a Brave Axe on Lunatic
- 1 Stoneborn from the left of the two southern sigils (Lunatic only)
- 1 Bow Knight from the furthest northeastern sigil
- 1 Malig Knight from the upper of the two eastern sigils
- Turn 8
- 1 Malig Knight from the lower of the two eastern sigils
- 1 Malig Knight from the furthest southeastern sigil (Hard/Lunatic only)
- 1 Faceless from the right of the two southern sigils
- 1 Wyvern Lord with a Silver Lance*/Brave Axe* from the furthest northwestern sigil
- 1 Dark Knight from the furthest northern sigil (Hard/Lunatic only)
- 1 Berserker from the upper of the two western sigils (Lunatic only)
- The pattern in turns 7 and 8 continues up to turn 11/up to turn 15/infinitely.
- Main article: Garon
Normal Hard Lunatic
This is the final chapter of Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright, and you cannot save your progress after this chapter; thus, no changes to your army or inventory can be carried over. If you have been saving rare and valuable items like stat boosters or status staves for a rainy day, it's time to take out your umbrella.
This chapter is a top contender for being one of, if not the easiest endgames in the franchise. Garon starts off within spitting distance of your forces with only a paltry General to protect him. Rip him up and send your most powerful units like Corrin, Ryoma, and Takumi (using your cavalry and ninja as ferries if need be) to wail on Garon until he drops. If you feel like killing him even faster, he has no immunity to the Hexing Rod or other debuffs.
Congratulations! You've beaten Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright!
- This chapter is one of few chapters in the game where the preparations theme doesn't play during that phase of setup. In this case, the music from the preceding cutscene continues onto the battle preparations screen.
- This is the only endgame chapter in Fates to feature non-infinite reinforcements, albeit only on Normal and Hard modes.
Etymology and other languages
|Names, etymology and in other regions|
|Language||Name||Definition, etymology and notes|
|Japanese||闇の去り行く暁||The Dawn Parts the Darkness|
|← King Garon •||Dawn Breaks|