It has been requested that image(s) be placed in this page or section. Please submit images to help improve this page and talk on this page's talk page about what images are needed. Remove this when this has been fixed.
|“||We won't back down! This is my... This is our destiny! Ready your weapons! Fight for your friends! With the Seal of Flames... With the Fire Emblem on our side! We fight for our world!!||”|
Anankos (Japanese: 透魔竜ハイドラ Invisible Dragon Hydra) is the endgame of the Revelation campaign in Fire Emblem Fates. In this chapter, Corrin challenges Anankos to bring peace to the world once and for all.
- Main article: Anankos (chapter)/Script
- The below plot corresponds to the use of a female Corrin. If you refresh this page, it is possible to get an alternate reading using a male variation instead.
Anankos reveals his full body in the astral void, to the horror of Corrin's army. Xander remarks on their situation: the princes of two kingdoms, bitter rivals, spending their last moments together. After Azura doubts their plight, Corrin rallies her army to believe in themselves. Invoking the Fire Emblem, Corrin declares she will fight for the world.
With Anankos finally slain, the royals all celebrate, and Azura thanks Corrin for fighting alongside her. Later on, Corrin is crowned the queen of Valla, and she thanks Xander and Ryoma, now kings themselves, for offering land upon which to rebuild the kingdom. She pledges to work for the betterment of the kingdom and to believe in its people, with her brothers and sisters all encouraging and congratulating her. Gunter, who watched the coronation from afar, makes his exit.
Some time after the coronation, Corrin meets Azura by the lake where she first met her. Corrin asks if she's fine with relinquishing her rightful place as ruler of Valla to her, to which she replies that she is happy with her decision, stating that the Yato believes in Corrin. Corrin promises to make Arete and the former king of Valla proud, and Azura sings for her. The two then discuss the origin of the song, with Azura guessing that Anankos was its author, writing it for the ones who would free him from his insanity through death. Azura suggests that Corrin could be the one to write the song's next part. The two return to the party to see Xander and Ryoma vow to keep peace between Nohr and Hoshido, swearing this to Corrin herself.
|Victory: Defeat Anankos's core.||Player||Other||Enemy|
|Defeat: Corrin dies* or the player's army is routed*.||13||0||2+8+∞|
This chapter's map is 19 columns by 20 rows.
Note: The returning characters list does not include any characters recruitable in paralogues or xenologues, as the player may not have taken on any available paralogue chapters yet. The list also does not include any bonus units, as they are recruitable at the player's discretion.
Dragon Vein data
There are no Dragon Veins in this chapter.
- At the start of the battle, one General, one Berserker, one Sorcerer, one Adventurer, one Paladin, one Dark Knight, one Wyvern Lord, and one Bow Knight will appear circling around the arena, starting from the top left going counterclockwise.
- Each turn, up to two of the above will appear as reinforcements from the same spot they first appeared from.
- After defeating both of Anankos's claws, his head will appear in the center of the map; it will not initiate combat on the turn it appears. Additionally, the following reinforcements will replace the first set:
- Swordmasters from the northeast corner of the map
- Snipers from the northeast corner of the map
- Falcon Knights from the northeast corner of the map
- Onmyojis from the northeast corner of the map
- Spear Masters from the northwest corner of the map
- Masters of Arms from the northwest corner of the map
- Master Ninjas from the northwest corner of the map
- Oni Chieftains from the northwest corner of the map
- After defeating Anankos's head, his core will appear in its place; it will not initiate combat on the turn it appears. Additionally, the following reinforcements will replace the second set:
- Heroes from the northwest corner of the map
- Great Knights from the northwest corner of the map
- Dark Knights from the northwest corner of the map
- Malig Knights from the northwest corner of the map
- Mechanists from the northeast corner of the map
- Merchants from the northeast corner of the map
- Great Masters from the northeast corner of the map
- Basaras from the northeast corner of the map
- Main article: Anankos
Claws Head Core
This section has been marked as a stub. Please help improve the page by adding information.
This is the final chapter of Fire Emblem Fates: Revelation, and you cannot save your progress after this chapter; thus, no changes to your army or inventory can be carried over. If you have been saving rare and valuable items like stat boosters, status staves, and the Bifröst for a rainy day, it's time to take out your umbrella.
As the final boss of Revelation, Anankos is incredibly durable and highly damaging. He cannot double attack, but very few, if any units will be able to survive two consecutive attacks from him without healing in between. The best way to avoid taking too much damage from him is by using Pair Up and preparing a Dual Guard, which will allow a unit to survive two consecutive rounds of combat against him by virtue of simply blocking one attack altogether. The presence of infinite reinforcements will actually be a blessing here, as they can be safely attacked to build up your Dual Guard guage, and do not spawn frequently enough to be particularly dangerous. If a Dual Guard is somehow not quite in reach, be sure to keep a healer with Physic ready to heal them while staying out of Anankos's range.
In general, Corrin will likely be the main workhorse during this fight thanks to the sheer power the Omega Yato has against Anankos. With each passing phase, Anankos gets progressively bulkier and faster; before applying the Omega Yato's bonuses, Corrin will need to reach 20/22 speed to double his claws, 24/26 to double his head, and 29/31 to double all of Anankos's phases. Tonics, rallies, and Azura's Inspiring Song can help Corrin reach these speeds should they not be quite up to snuff.
Once his head has been defeated and his core has been revealed, approaching Anankos becomes somewhat trickier. His new breath has more range and, though less powerful in terms of raw might, will likely do even more damage due to being a magic attack. Units with high resistance such as Kaze and Shura may be able to safely put some work into him alongside Corrin.
While not at all necessary, if the player feels like investing, Replicate can be a very effective and fun skill in dealing with Anankos, as it can allow one copy of Corrin to fight Anankos at all times, while the other one can stay behind to be healed, which will in turn heal the other copy.
- This chapter is one of few chapters in the game where the preparations theme doesn't play during that phase of setup. In this case, the music from the preceding cutscene continues onto the battle preparations screen.
- This is the only endgame chapter in Fates not named after a lyric of Lost in Thoughts All Alone.
Etymology and other languages
|Names, etymology and in other regions|
|Language||Name||Definition, etymology and notes|
|Japanese||透魔竜ハイドラ||Invisible Dragon Hydra|
|← Hear My Cry •||Anankos|
|Fire Emblem Fates|