|“||Ah, yes. My spell book seems to be missing. I need you to go find it.||”|
— Alphand to a soldier
Alphand is situated on the gate of Munster castle upon Raydrik's request. During the battle he mentions to an underling that he has misplaced his Poison Tome and requests assistance in searching for it. On turn 5 he is successful in locating it, thus allowing him to commence long-range attacks.
Personality and character
Alphand appears to have recurring issues with misplacing his spell books; the soldier assisting him in searching for his Poison Tome is exasperated when Alphand mentions he has lost it yet again. Alphand's underling is clearly annoyed by his bad bookkeeping but Alphand seems to either pay it no mind or is oblivious. He is, notably, one of the only Loptrian priests to be openly thankful if he is captured and released by Leif's forces.
|“||H-How did you get all the way here...||”|
|“||Alphand: Who are you!?
Ced: I am Ced of the Magi Squad. We have taken control of Munster, leaving only a small section of the castle. Now, if you would surrender peacefully, I can guarantee your life...
Alphand: Silence! You can't fool me with such nonsense!
— Alphand if attacked by Ced
|“||Gah... I don't...want to die...yet...||”|
— Alphand when killed
|“||You're releasing me! Thank you...||”|
— Alphand when captured and released
- Loptrian priests losing their long range dark magic appears to be not uncommon; Kutuzov, stationed in Aed in Chapter 7 of Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War, has a similar incident where he loses his Fenrir tome.
- Despite being killed off in a scripted event if a unit ends their turn near the castle, it is actually possible to kill or capture Alphand.
- Killing him requires the use of siege tomes, or by having a flier fly up to him and kill him in a single round of combat
- Capturing him is even harder, since a flier will not only need to reach him, but also capture him (meaning with halved STR) while Alphand has +10 defense from Gate bonuses.
Etymology and other languages
|Names, etymology and in other regions|
|Language||Name||Definition, etymology and notes|
Used in the Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 fan translation.
Alphand; a French surname.
Alphand's portrait from Thracia 776
- "Soldier: Did you need something, Bishop Alphand?
Alphand: Ah, yes. My spell book seems to be missing. I need you to go find it.
Soldier: What? ...Again?
Alphand: Hm? Did you say something?
Soldier: No... Which spell book are you looking for this time?
Alphand: The Poison spell. I ca't attack the distant enemies without it.
Soldier: Understood, sir. ...I hope it'll be easier to find than the last time..." — Alphand and a generic soldier, Fire Emblem: Thracia 776
- "You're releasing me! Thank you..." — Alphand, Fire Emblem: Thracia 776
|This article is part of Project Characters, a project focused on writing articles for every character present in the Fire Emblem series.|