|“||My name is Irma, and I serve at the Temple of Mila. ...Or did, I suppose. In truth, this place has been my only home for many a long year. I fear greatly what may have transpired at the temple...||”|
Technically speaking, there is no character named Irma that appears in Fire Emblem Gaiden. A generic unnamed cleric fills her exact role, and said generic character was developed into a fully fleshed out unique character for the remake.
The priestess was kidnapped by Grieth's pirates and held prisoner at Grieth's Citadel. Once rescued from Grieth, the priestess gives Celica Liprica's circlet, telling Celica of Liprica and her status as heir to Zofia, and makes her return to the Temple of Mila.
Like the generic cleric in the original Gaiden she is based on, Irma is a cleric in service of Mila at the Temple of Mila. At some point before Rigel's invasion, she ended up as one of the many people abducted by Grieth's pirates and was imprisoned at Grieth's Citadel.
Celica, during her journey to Mila's Temple and cleansing eastern Zofia of pirates, rescues Irma from the dungeon in Grieth's Citadel. After being rescued, Irma remarks that Celica looks very similar to Lady Liprica. Celica confesses that Lady Liprica is her mother and asks Irma what her mother was like. Irma obliges, and informs her of Liprica's fate at the hands of Lima IV; she was forced to become one of his brides and later died of illness shortly after birthing Celica. Irma comforts Celica in the wake of this new knowledge. Unlike the cleric in the original Gaiden, she does not have Liprica's circlet on her person, and tells Celica that she last knew the circlet was in the vault at the Temple of Mila. Irma then leaves the citadel to inform everyone at the temple that the lost princess of Zofia has been found.
Irma then goes on to await Celica's liberation of the Temple of Mila. Upon Celica's arrival, Irma informs Celica that Mila and the royal Circlet were both taken when the temple was seized by Rigel. The Masked Knight then makes a timely arrival and gifts Celica Liprica's circlet, allowing Celica to formally take her title, and class, as princess.
Irma's story presence ends here and she remains at the temple of Mila.
Personality and character
Irma is ultimately a minor character with very little characterization due to her short story presence. She is a supportive individual and feels sympathetic towards the plight of Liprica and Celica. Irma is a devout follower of Mila, and worried mainly for the state of the temple despite her years long imprisonment at the hands of Grieth.
- Carrie Keranen, Irma's voice actor in Shadows of Valentia, also voices L'Arachel's and Gunnthrá's Heroes incarnations.
Etymology and other languages
|Names, etymology and in other regions|
|Language||Name||Definition, etymology and notes|
|English||Irma||German short form of names beginning with the Germanic element ermen, which meant "whole, universal".|
|Japanese||イルマ||Officially romanized as Iruma.|
Irma's full portrait in Echoes: Shadows of Valentia.
Irma's portrait in Echoes: Shadows of Valentia.
Concept art of Irma in Echoes: Shadows of Valentia.
- Irma Voice - Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia (Game) | Behind The Voice Actors, www.behindthevoiceactors.com, Retrieved: 6 April 2019
- "You wish to know what happened here? Beg pardon, but I fear I cannot be the one to tell you. Irma, one of our longest-serving sisters, was taken prisoner." — generic Saint at the Temple of Mila, Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia
- "I beg forgiveness, Your Highness. I had no idea the temple fell to the empire while I was prisoner." — Irma, Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia
- "That Grieth is a real piece of work. He gives the orders to every scoundrel and sneak-thief in Zofia. He's attacked this village time and again, and taken all the young folk." — Man in the Mountain Village in eastern Zofia, Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia
- "Are you saying you know my mother?! Please, you...you must tell me anything you can about her. I never had a chance to know her, you see..." — Celica, Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia
- " Lady Liprica’s beauty caught his eye, and she was stolen away in the night. He took her to his castle and forced her to join his seraglio of countless brides. Despite the luxury, I expect life in the castle proved most difficult for her. She soon took ill, and left this world shortly after bearing Your Highness." — Irma, Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia
- " I am so very sorry, Princess Anthiese. But I would implore you to spare your tears. Lady Liprica thought only of your health and happiness until her final breath." — Irma, Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia
- "The circlet is stored in the temple vault. I shall make my way there now. I must tell everyone that Her Highness Anthiese has returned to us! I will await your arrival at the temple. May Mila’s blessing be upon you always." — Irma, Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia
- "They took Mila...and Your Highness's circlet as well. It's unthinkable. They're no knights— only blasphemers and thieves!" — Irma, Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia
- "My name is Irma, and I serve at the Temple of Mila. ...Or did, I suppose. In truth, this place has been my only home for many a long year. I fear greatly what may have transpired at the temple..." — Irma, Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia
- Behind the Name: Meaning, origin and history of the name Irma, www.behindthename.com, Retrieved: 6 April 2019
|This article is part of Project Characters, a project focused in writing articles for every character present in the Fire Emblem series.|