Fire Emblem Wiki:Featured Articles
Welcome to the Featured Articles page. This is where editors of Fire Emblem Wiki nominate pages for featured status on the front page of this wiki. Featured articles should include the following:
- Proper American English. That means everything must be written in American English (ex: color and not colour) and have proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Lengthy and detailed, but not contain repeating information to make it appear longer (aside from templates).
- Well organized so each information flows nicely.
- Cite sources and cite them properly.
- Properly categorized. No category? No nomination.
- Contains the most up-to-date information about the article.
- No notice templates. No template should be included on the page that marks it or a section as a stub, nor should any section. As well, no page should have a grammar template on it.
- NOT be copied from Wikipedia nor Fire Emblem Wikia or any other Fire Emblem wiki.
There are also specific rules to nominating an article which are as follows:
- A minimum of four (4) votes in support of the article are needed for a page to become featured.
- You cannot vote in support for the article you have nominated.
- All votes should be placed properly under the support or oppose sections, with your vote starting off with #, and explaination on why you think this is a page worthy of being featured, and finally ending with your signature (~~~~). For instance: "# I really like the Ike page. It has a lot of information about the character! ~~~~." Any vote without a proper signature will be removed. As well, any vote that merely says: "I approve" "I like this page" or anything similar will be removed too. A perfect example of a vote would be: "I think this page has a lot of helpful information and it is clear enough to assist me on knowing about cavaliers."
- You cannot use an opposition vote simply because you hate the subject (like you hate a certain villian).
- Opposition votes should only be used when the article does not meet the requirements above.
If an administrator deems that a particular opposition does not follow these guidelines, it will be negated.
Well-written article, fairly complete as to his story and stats, plenty of references and images throughout. I don't think the spoiler notice counts under "no notice templates", and we don't necessarily need to put the spoiler content on the main page if that would be an issue. Looks good to me. --Moydow (Support) 06:41, 13 July 2017 (UTC)
- A very detailed article with many clear sources, and certainly one of the best articles I've seen on the wiki. An amazing page for an amazing character! Fastesthe1 (talk) 01:08, 22 July 2017 (UTC)
- Definitely one of the better-built and better-polished articles we've got. Certainly a lot of work has gone into this top-class article...--Shiningpikablu252 (talk) 02:09, 7 August 2017 (UTC)
- This article is well-written, and one of the best on the wiki I'd say. We have recently gotten rid of the spoiler tag and just put a universal notice on MediaWiki:Sitenotice, so the spoiler issue shouldn't be a problem. PikaSamus (talk) 17:25, 20 October 2017 (UTC)
- Heroes clearly doesn't care about spoilers. Luke (talk) 17:02, 11 January 2018 (UTC)
- I initially agreed with Lukey's comment in the Neutral section, however with the release of Zelgius in Heroes they've made no attempt to even hide his identity as the Black Knight at all and it's becoming more and more futile to attempt to hide spoilers. They didn't even have him in his red armor... So, support. L95 (talk) 17:59, 11 January 2018 (UTC)
- Given that the purpose of a Featured Article is to display the best articles on the site – not necessarily to "showcase something new" – and that Nintendo has made no attempt to disguise Zelgius's identity in the latest Heroes update, I support this Featured Article nomination. Anferensis (talk) 20:27, 11 January 2018 (UTC)
- Strongly oppose. There are MASSIVE unmarked spoilers on his identity on the very top of the article that are impossible, literally impossible to avoid. That is, the portrait of the Black Knight, the second paragraph of the abstract, and his infobox below his portrait. A reader who clicks on the article without prior to completing Radiant Dawn will find their enjoyment of the story SEVERELY degraded.
- Considering that the purpose of a featured article is to showcase something new to an audience who would not have known about it previously, this is an absolutely terrible idea. The spoilers within that page need to be moved and reformatted in such a way that a reader can avoid reading it if they do not wish to.
- The spoiler warning at the top does not count. That is merely adding insult to injury, as the reader will inevitably have noticed the Black Knight portrait before reading the warning box.
Neutral or Other Comments
While I agree that the article is very thorough and well-written, I also understand that it contains numerous spoilers that may deem it unsuitable to be a featured article. I would be willing to support this nomination if someone can address the concerns of the opposition. Anferensis (talk) 06:09, 20 October 2017 (UTC)
I'm okay with this becoming a featured article so long as Black Knight is not mentioned in the blurb used on the homepage, and also that it's made clear that this page in particular is spoiler-filled, possibly by adding a message above or below the blurb. The global spoiler notice may be missed and this is a major spoiler from my understanding and I wouldn't want it to be spoiled just by following a link on the home page. That is my only issue as the article itself is pretty good, and if my suggestions are put into effect in one way or another, I support. Luke (talk) 22:02, 10 November 2017 (UTC)
- I think it's fair to say that the latest Heroes update has killed the single opposition argument here stone dead. Unless there are any other arguments to be made against featuring this article, I will go ahead and close the vote and feature the article. I'll allow one more week in case anyone wants to make any more arguments against it. --Moydow (Support) 14:03, 11 January 2018 (UTC)
|Fire Emblem Wiki Help Pages|