Social links: Get in touch with Fire Emblem Wiki on active admin and ask to be added.
- 1 Hello!!
- 2 ???
- 3 Sorry
- 4 Speaking of Name Charts...
- 5 Where are you getting Fates' paralogue numbers from?
- 6 Some Class, and Name talk
- 7 Morzas in Mystery
- 8 Fates weapons
- 9 Naga
- 10 Kein is Kain
- 11 Why are my edits being reverted?
- 12 Replacing of images
- 13 Drop template thing
- 14 Hi there!
- 15 Are we even going to use the (Laguz) (species) links?
- You're welcome. --Shiningpikablu252 (talk) 15:44, 14 August 2013 (UTC)
What in the world are "shady channels"?? I'm sure that it can't be that suspicious... :D also, I'm sure it'd be a good info source if I'd ever need to check a Japanese name somewhere. Seritinajii (talk) 20:19, 13 September 2013 (UTC)
- Let's just say that if I revealed it here, I'd be directly badmouthing a competitor...and last I checked, the wiki doesn't like directly badmouthing competitors...--Shiningpikablu252 (talk) 21:34, 13 September 2013 (UTC)
I'm so sorry about that. I just thought that it might make the supports a little easier to read, but I realize that wasn't really my decision to make. It won't happen again. AscendingFire (talk) 06:33, 23 October 2014 (UTC)
- It's not Pikablu's decision to make either, but yeah. I agree it might make for easier reading, but we have to remain as neutral as possible in cases like this where the character's name, gender, partner etc. are customisable by the player. The exception of course being Smash, where s/he's actually called Robin, with no input from the player. --Moydow (Support) 02:11, 24 October 2014 (UTC)
Speaking of Name Charts...
- Would you happen to know Monica's Japanese name? I don't see it here. I don't want to assume anything about her name.
- Sorry, I don't. Granted, I wasn't the one who whipped up those name lists...--Shiningpikablu252 (talk) 14:59, 28 April 2015 (UTC)
Where are you getting Fates' paralogue numbers from?
- Well, Serenes Forest labels the paralogue recruitments with numbers...--Shiningpikablu252 (talk) 03:07, 20 September 2015 (UTC)
Some Class, and Name talk
I hear some sites use the European names for Shadow Dragon foremost, because Shadow Dragon came out in Europe before the US. Also if I can ask a class page related question, how come Armor Knight, and Lance Armor Knight are counted as different classes, but Fighter, and Axe Fighter are counted as the same class? Emperor Hardin (talk) 19:53, 20 October 2015 (UTC)
- In the case of how the armored classes in question are handled, it's primarily due to how the games themselves handle the classes. Thracia 776 and the Tellius games fully split what's traditionally the Knight class into weapon-specialist variants (four in Thracia 776, three in Tellius--poor Bow Armor never got the chance to be called Armored Bow); a split of this type is also in place in Genealogy of the Holy War, but uses the traditional Knight class to represent lances instead of introducing the Armored Lance in that environment.
- The Fighter, on the other hand, has traditionally been interpretable as one constant class throughout the series. Even the one time it didn't use axes, in Gaiden, it can still be told as being the same class through the usage of Japanese names. Japanese names are the primary means of determining class lineage (i.e. it's why Priest and Curate don't have separate pages), although not the only such means (what English calls the Outlaw is too dissimilar from traditional thieves despite the Japanese name hinting continued lineage).
- As for the "European version came first, hence those names predominate" theory, that's stupid and only serves to confuse people; it's why this wiki has opted for American names first and foremost. Anyone viewing Shadow Dragon resources using European names will expect the same site's resources to use European names when it comes to other games, likewise anyone viewing resources of most other games released internationally using American names will expect the same site's resources for Shadow Dragon to likewise use American names. Such interchanging of American and European names only results in confusion. You can't expect people to call the late-game prepromoted Blazing Sword Bishop "Renault" yet call the early-game Pegasus Knight Shiida--it's either Renault and Caeda (the American names), or it's Renaud and Shiida (the European names), there is no third option...--Shiningpikablu252 (talk) 23:57, 20 October 2015 (UTC)
- The Armored Lance, though, is fully identical to how the Knight class in every game but Fire Emblem 1 where they wield Swords, and Lances. In the fan translations for Thracia 776, Lance Armor is just called Armor Knight like in Genealogy. It should also be noted in my opinion, that Armor Knights, and Armored Lances have never appeared together unlike Cavalier, and Lance Knight. All things considered, I'd argue they're extremely constant, always a common class with its own category that wields Lances.
- Fighter is very different throughout the series. In Gaiden, the Fighter class is a one of a kind personal class that uses Swords, looks more like a mercenary, and per being a personal class shares class Data with Dark God. In Thracia 776, the Axe Fighter is very different from the previous depiction of the Fighter, being a Fast, skillful fighter without unusually high Strength, akin to a Mercenary with an axe. The Brigand class in Thracia 776 seems to be in the tradition fighter role, including a Warrior promotion. In Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War, Fire Emblem: Thracia 776, and Fire Emblem Fates, the class is spelled アクスファイター, which seems rather different from 戦士 used in Mystery. I'd argue Armored Lance Japanese spelling shares more similarities with Armor Knight as it contains the same spelling of Armor, while the fighter in Axe Fighter is spelled differently. I also might make the case that Outlaw, and Thief have more in common then FE2's Fighter, and the regular Fighter class.
- I much prefer having the US names too, but thats how they do it. It seems like Caeda is used more then Shiida nowadays too. Emperor Hardin (talk) 00:53, 21 October 2015 (UTC)
Morzas in Mystery
Morzas is a Manakete in the start of the map, but transforms into the Mage Dragon class in a cutscene at the start of the map so you can't warp and kill him as a manakete in turn 1. This is similar to Xemcel, and Medeus in the same game. Also I'm going to be doing a proposal for a merge with Armor Knight, and Lance Armor later. Emperor Hardin (talk) 19:17, 21 November 2015 (UTC)
All the Fates weapons are given generic icons of their type in the inventory, even the regalia ones. So it's better to use this file name of renaming weapons instead of renaming the Japanese name of said images: [[File:Is 3ds02 club.png]] instead of [[File:Is 3ds ryoma's club.png]] like you've been doing for the axes/clubs. ChaosGallade (talk) 15:42, 19 May 2016 (UTC)
- Edit: The above was just an example. Let me reiterate: every single weapon in Fates has the generic weapon icon of their type. So it's better to use the generic weapon icon for weapons that debuted in Fates as the image box image. ChaosGallade (talk) 18:06, 19 May 2016 (UTC)
I've noticed that you link to "Naga (Jugdral)" in Project Naga name change edit descriptions. The Jugdral Naga actually shares her page with the Archanean Naga (at Naga). PikaSamus (talk) 17:23, 10 June 2016 (UTC)
Kein is Kain
- Any other errors in the name chart? --Shiningpikablu252 (talk) 17:53, 19 July 2016 (UTC)
Why are my edits being reverted?
- Because they're destructive and do nothing to benefit the wiki. I think you've already earned yourself an infinite block for this vandalism you're doing...--Shiningpikablu252 (talk) 23:44, 23 July 2016 (UTC)
They make the wiki funny. People will come here, laugh, post similar comments, and be happy. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Boyzz (talk • contribs). Remember to always sign your talk page comments with ~~~~!
- This wiki isn't supposed to be funny. It's supposed to be encyclopedic. It's supposed to be informative. And the vandalism you've been doing is completely counterproductive to what this wiki's supposed to be about. --Shiningpikablu252 (talk) 23:49, 23 July 2016 (UTC)
Replacing of images
I find that the image replacement system doesn't work, notably when I tried to upload Chrom's right-facing closeup portrait. It became a new revision but still was the one for facing the left... So, I felt I had to play dirty and used his Japanese name to compensate... Then again, I don't have an application that allows flipping images while keeping their alpha channels, so the Paint and SLADE applications did an awful job. --Breakin' Benny (talk) 23:27, 2 September 2016 (UTC)
- Strange, the two images are showing up identically on my end. The image pages even state that they are duplicates of one another on the bottom...--Shiningpikablu252 (talk) 23:29, 2 September 2016 (UTC)
Drop template thing
I know this is out of the blue, but I wanted to introduce myself: I'm Fastesthe1, but you probably know me as Heather from Fire Emblem Fates. I just wanted to let you know since we keep visiting each other's Castles and forming so many bond babies. :) Fastesthe1 (talk) 07:48, 13 December 2016 (UTC)
- Nice of you to notice. Especially since quite a few of the bond units I've gotten on my end have proven useful in cracking many of the secrets of the concept...--Shiningpikablu252 (talk) 19:03, 13 December 2016 (UTC)
As far as I can tell, pages like Manakete, Fire Dragon, Black Dragon, Cat and Heron (and probably more I'm not thinking of) cover both the species and the class on a single page. L95 (talk) 18:58, 21 December 2016 (UTC)