From Fire Emblem Wiki, your source on Fire Emblem Wiki information. By Fans, for Fans.
- This page is about the skill called "Cancel" in Path of Radiance. For the skill called "Cancel" in Radiant Dawn, see Cancel.
| Icon of the Pavise skill in Thracia 776.|
Halve sword/lance/axe/beaststone/blight damage. Trigger % = (Skill stat)
Pavise (Japanese: 大盾 Great Shield), previously known as Great Shield and Cancel, is a combat skill debuting in Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War. In most appearances, when activated, it protects the user from a single attack by nullifying the damage dealt; however, in Awakening it was reduced to halving damage only for attacks with physical weapons, while the newly-introduced Aegis skill covers magical attacks. The skill's availability has wildly varied from game to game, as have its activation criteria.
In Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 and Radiant Dawn, Pavise is a personal skill, and in the latter can be equipped to any unit. In Genealogy of the Holy War, Thracia 776, The Sacred Stones, Awakening, and Fates, Pavise is a class skill belonging to Generals and similar classes, and in Path of Radiance, Cancel is the mastery skill of the Hawk laguz.
Genealogy of the Holy War
The Sacred Stones
Path of Radiance
|| General (Learned from Level 15 and up.)
- Pavise is the only skill to appear in all seven games in the Fire Emblem series that have a defined skill system.
Etymology and other languages
|Names, etymology and in other regions
|| Definition, etymology and notes
|| • Great Shield
| • This name was used only in The Sacred Stones.|
• This name was used only in Path of Radiance.
• Latin: A large shield used to protect the entire body. This name is used from Radiant Dawn onward.
| Big Shield
|| Used in the Thracia 776 fan translation patch.
|| • 大盾
| • Great Shield. This name was used in all appearances except Path of Radiance.|
• Winged Protection. This name was used only in Path of Radiance.
|| As above.