Social links: Get in touch with Fire Emblem Wiki on active admin and ask to be added.
|“||My father is no longer with us and my older sister is being pursued for her involvement with the Grannvale traitors. So as the new lord of Jungby I now command the entire archer brigade!||”|
(アンドレイ Andorey) was the Duke of Grannvale's House Jungby, following his murder of his father and predecessor Ring. After his ascension to the Jungby throne, he assisted Dukes Langobalt and Reptor in their pursuit of the "traitorous" Sigurd and led the Beige Ritter in assisting Daccar in the Silessean civil war.
Andorey accompanied Ring to the war with Isaach, in which he fought along with his father and the Beige Ritter. At the war's conclusion, around the time Langobalt assassinated Prince Kurth, Andorey attacked and killed Ring and allied with Langobalt, an act which ironically disgusted even Langobalt.
Later, in the Silessean civil war, Andorey led the Beige Ritter to Silesse to reinforce Daccar's army as part of a deal between Grannvale and Daccar. Andorey and the Beige Ritter engaged Mahnya's Pegasus Knight squadron and overwhelmed them with ease, killing Mahnya. He continued on to seize Silesse Castle for Daccar, then pulled out of Silesse. Shortly afterward, Andorey rejoined Langobalt at Lubeck Castle and led the Beige Ritter in a charge against Sigurd's oncoming army, in which the Beige Ritter was defeated and he died.
NPC, Chapter 4 Enemy, Chapter 5
Andorey acts as an antagonistic neutral unit in Chapter 4, appearing with eight Arch Knights as reinforcements for Zaxon Castle two turns after Thove Castle has been seized. He and his army fight Mahnya and her group of Pegasus Knights, always killing all of them, seize Silesse Castle, then leave the map. He is also present as an enemy in Chapter 5, as part of Langobalt's army at Lubeck Castle.
Personality and character
Andorey was unpleasant and treacherous to a degree which disgusted even Langobalt, willing to kill his own father if it meant gaining power. His motivations appeared to have been primarily concerned with appealing to Langobalt and Reptor, seeking power and favor with the new rulers-to-be of Grannvale, and cheering on Langobalt when the latter was concerned over Danan's absence. Even though he was fully aware of his actions, he nonetheless tried to claim that it was his sisters, allies of Sigurd, who had tarnished House Jungby's reputation. As a child, Andorey was somewhat timid and cowardly, compared to Adean's level-headedness and Briggid's energetic behavior; this was evidenced in the incident in which Briggid disappeared, in which he stayed close to his father out of fear in the midst of a storm.
|“||Gwahahaha... Watch them fall. Like shooting fish in a barrel.||”|
— Andorey, in Chapter 4 of Genealogy of the Holy War.
|“||Heheheh... you fools. Die!||”|
— Andorey, in Chapter 5 of Genealogy of the Holy War.
|“||Hah, it's my treacherous big sister. Fancy meeting you here. You've tarnished the reputation of my Jungby... In return, I'll have your life.||”|
— Andorey, when fighting Adean, in Chapter 5 of Genealogy of the Holy War.
|“||What!? It can't be... big sister Briggid?!? I heard that you'd become a pirate, but allying with the traitors is another matter... In any case, you've brought shame upon my house. I'll have to kill you.||”|
— Andorey, when fighting Briggid, in Chapter 5 of Genealogy of the Holy War.
|“||This isn't... ...Scopio... Avenge me...||”|
— Andorey, in Chapter 5 of Genealogy of the Holy War.
Andorey was featured on one TCG card.
|Fire Emblem Trading Card Game data for Andorey|
|No image available.|
|Class: Bow Knight||Level 1 Cavalry||Ranged Attack|
|Energy: 5||Atk.: 2 / Counter: 2||WLv.: A|
|Equip: Iron Bow||Skills: Canto|
|Card #2-057 • Rarity: ★ • Artist: Koya Katsuyoshi|
|Card scans and information translation provided by Aquantis.|
Etymology and other languages
|Names, etymology and in other regions|
|Language||Name||Definition, etymology and notes|
| • Andre
| • Used in older versions of the Genealogy of the Holy War fan translation and the current version of the Thracia 776 fan translation.|
• Used in Gharnef's translation patch revision.
• Used in the "Project Naga" patch.
|Japanese||アンドレイ||Officially Romanized as Andorey. Presumably from André, the French and Portuguese form of Andrew, a name of Greek origin meaning "man", borne by one of the Apostles.|
- "The son, Sir Andorey, joined his father on the campaign to Isaach. You didn't hear it from me, but there seems to be quite a bit of friction between the two." - A Grannvale villager, Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War
- "That contemptuous little brat. He shows absolutely no remorse for killing his own father. Lord Ring... may you rest in peace." - Langobalt, Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War
- "I do. I've already reached a private agreement with Grannvale. Andre's reinforcement troops should be arriving shortly." - Daccar, Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War
- "Don't lose heart, sir. Those rebels won't stand a chance against the Beige Ritter." - Andorey, Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War
- "Blagi Tower was a place where large amounts of wealthy people traveled for pilgrimage. The faithful and wealthy Lord Ring of Jungby was also heading towards the Tower along with his children once again. However, the ship got caught in a storm and was in danger of sinking. The calm second daughter Adean and the scared first son Andorey stayed next to Lord Ring, but the energetic first daughter Briggid was playing inside the ship and her whereabouts were unknown. Having no choice, Lord Ring takes the two children and evacuate the ship" - Designers' notes from Fire Emblem: Treasure, as translated by Serenes Forest
|This article is part of Project Characters, a project focused in writing articles for every character present in the Fire Emblem series.|