Social links: Get in touch with Fire Emblem Wiki on active admin and ask to be added.
The system's iconic feature for which it is named is its autostereoscopic top screen, which projects an illusion of 3D depth to the screen's contents internally through use of a parallax barrier; or, as the console's marketing puts it, provides "3D graphics without needing special glasses". In addition to its own library of games, the system is backwards compatible with almost all Nintendo DS games and with the enhancements previously unique to the Nintendo DSi. Like the Nintendo DSi and unlike all portable Nintendo consoles preceding the DSi, the 3DS is subject to a region lock divided into four regions: Japan, the United States and Canada, Europe and Australia, and South Korea.
A variant on the console, the Nintendo 3DS XL (Japanese: ニンテンドー３ＤＳ ＬＬ Nintendo 3DS LL), was released in mid-2012; this variation is larger than the standard model and features larger screens, and is intended as a complement to the basic model rather than a successor. Further variations include the Nintendo 2DS, an economy version with the 3D visuals removed, and the New Nintendo 3DS and New Nintendo 3DS XL, which boast greater processing power, enhanced 3D presentation, and amiibo support.
Two Fire Emblem series games have so far been released for the Nintendo 3DS console: Fire Emblem Awakening and Fire Emblem Fates. Both games were accompanied by special edition console models: an original Nintendo 3DS for Awakening in Japan and the United States, a Nintendo 3DS XL for Awakening in Europe, and a New Nintendo 3DS XL for Fates in all regions except Japan. In addition to these games, several other Fire Emblem titles are available in Japan on the Virtual Console service.
Fire Emblem series games available for Nintendo 3DS
- Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light (Japan only)
- Fire Emblem Gaiden (Japan only)
- Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem (Japan only; only on New Nintendo 3DS consoles)
- Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War (Japan only; only on New Nintendo 3DS consoles)
- Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones (Nintendo 3DS Ambassador Program only)
Playable through backward-compatibility
- Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon
- Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem, Heroes of Light and Shadow (Japan only)
The Awakening special edition Nintendo 3DS console.
- Nintendo 3DS official North American website
- Nintendo 3DS official Japanese website
- Nintendo 3DS on Wikipedia
|Consoles of the Fire Emblem series|